Planning, Development and Infrastructure
Reviews of decisions made under the Planning, Development and Infrastructure (Accredited Professionals) Regulations 2019
From 1 April 2019, SACAT will have review jurisdiction under the Planning, Development and Infrastructure (Accredited Professionals) Regulations 2019.
This will enable reviews of certain decisions made by the Chief Executive of the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure in relation to the accreditation of planning and building professions.
Types of Decisions that can be reviewed by SACAT
Under the regulations SACAT can review the following decisions of the Chief Executive. A decision to:
- refuse to grant an accreditation
- impose a condition on an accreditation
- vary a condition of an accreditation
- refuse an application to vary a condition of an accreditation
- refuse to continue an accreditation
- alter the accreditation of an accredited professional to a lower level of accreditation
- cancel or suspend an accreditation.
Applications of this kind will be handled by SACAT’s Administrative & Disciplinary Stream.
An application for review may be made to SACAT within 28 days after the making of the relevant decision (or such longer period as SACAT may allow).
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision by the Chief Executive you must:
- Have a copy of the decision which you want to review – you should include this with your application.
- Ensure you are ready to pay the required fee for making an application.
How to apply:
Click here to start an online application. In the field entitled ‘Type keyword here’ contained within Step 2 type the word ‘planning’ as shown below and then scroll down to select the correct application type.
If you are not sure if you have selected the correct application type you can hover over the ‘question mark’ on the right-hand side to see a brief description of the application you have selected.
If you have any further questions or you would like a staff member from SACAT to assist you to complete the application over the telephone please call SACAT on 1800 723 767 (and press menu option 4, and then 6).
Attach a copy of the decision you are seeking to review:
You must upload a copy of the decision you are seeking to review when completing your on-line application, or you can email the decision to SACAT at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post the decision to SACAT at GPO Box 2361 Adelaide SA 5001.
Please quote your tracking code or file number when sending any correspondence to SACAT.
There is a filing fee applicable for this type of application. Payment can be made on-line by credit card at the time of completing the on-line form, or by using one of the other options outlined in the payment section of the on-line form.
Click here to see a list of current fees and information about payment methods and fee waiver options.
Organisations that may be able to assist you:
- Legal Services Commission - www.lsc.sa.gov.au – The Legal Services Commission offer a free telephone legal advice line and other methods of advice for members of the public.