SACAT reviews certain decisions made by the Registrar-General under the Real Property Act.
SACAT can review decisions of the Registrar-General about:
- Priority Notices
- recording, or not recording, an instrument on title to land
- an application for a foreclosure order
- an application by a person to have the Registrar-General do, or perform, and act or duty under the Real Property Act.
SACAT does not:
- automatically suspend the decision of the Registrar-General
- automatically suspend the operation of a Priority notice or reinstate a Priority notice.
Before applying to SACAT for a review of a decision of the Registrar-General, you must
- check that the time limit to apply for a review has not passed
- have a copy of the notice of the decision you want to challenge - you should provide this with your application.
For queries about Real Property Act reviews, or to make an application, contact SACAT.