community housing - tenants
SACAT can review many decisions made by community housing providers under the Community Housing Providers (National Law) (SA) Act 2013 (the 'National Law').
SACAT reviews decisions of registered community housing providers about:
• an assessment of financial or other circumstances (including eligibility for a benefit or concession)
• allocation of any premises or transfer to other premises
• the state, condition, modification or improvement of premises
• the calculation or imposition of any rent, levy, charge or subsidy (except those arising under the tenancy agreement)
• termination of membership of a community housing provider
• your occupation or use of premises
• refusal of an application for membership.
SACAT does not deal with:
• cases that do not relate to the occupation (or potential occupation) of community housing.
SACAT is required to deal with some cases under the Residential Tenancies Act, rather than as a community housing review.
Organisations that may be able to assist you in Community housing reviews:
• Tenants Information and Advisory Service (TIAS) Phone: 1800 060 462