Who can apply?
An application for a guardianship order can be made by:
- the person who the application is about
- the Public Advocate
- a guardian of the person
- a substitute decision maker for the person under an advance care directive
- a 'person responsible' as defined in the Guardianship and Administration Act
- any person who can satisfy SACAT that they have a proper interest in the welfare of the person who the application is about.
- an administrator of the person’s estate including the Public Trustee.