One of the main recommendations of the Statutory Review by Hon David Bleby QC in August 2017 was the consolidation of SACAT to one location as one of the highest and most urgent priorities.
From 10 December 2018 - SACAT will operate from the one location at 100 Pirie Street - following the securing of additional floor space to allow for colocation of all staff, members and volunteers and to provide for additional hearing rooms and customer spaces.
Travelling to SACAT?
The CBD Accessibility Map (from Adelaide City Council) will assist in identifying appropriate services and parking
The CBD Loading Zone Map (for immediate surrounds to 100 Pirie Street) will assist in identifying nearby drop off and pick up points for parties with mobility restrictions
The CBD Wayfinding Map (from Adelaide Metro) - will assist in identifying appropriate public transport options (i.e. bus stops, tram stops etc.)
The CBD Public Transport Map (from Adelaide Metro) - will assisting in identifying specific bus numbers and where they collect / drop-off
Street address: 100 Pirie Street, Adelaide
On arrival: Please take the lift to our Reception on level 4
- Public kiosk, where applications can be made online
- Male, female and access toilet
- Wheelchair access from ground floor to foyer and lift
- Manual wheelchair available to people with mobility difficulties (ask in advance)
- Baby change room (in access toilet)
- Hearing loop (available at reception)
- Hearing augmentation (available in hearing rooms one and eleven, and mediation rooms two and three)
- Taxi phone service (ask at reception)
Additional assistance onsite
- Users with mobility difficulty should call in advance to have a meet and greet service
- Interpreting assistance (ask in advance)
- Rundle Place Carpark: Grenfell Street – there are no designated accessible parking bays but wider parking bays are near the lifts. A discount applies to vehicles displaying authorised accessible parking permits.
- Wyatt Street Carpark: accessible bays are available on every level near the lifts. Disabled Parking The UPark Accessibility Pass provides disability permit holders with 2 hours free parking up to 52 times per year at all UPark car parks. To apply for a UPark Accessibility Pass please see the UPark website.where you can print and submit your application form or apply on-line.
- Centrepoint Carpark: Corner Rundle and Pulteney Streets – accessible bays are from level three up, parks are close to the lifts.
The Adelaide City Council website contains information on Disability Parking for details.
- A large range of public transport options are available (Buses on Grenfell Street, Tram on King William Street). The Adelaide Metro website will assist you in planning your journey.